How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
Just how much can a 2020 RAM 1500 tow? This light-duty truck offers a maximum towing capacity of up to 12,750 pounds. This isn’t just subjectively impressive. Rather, the RAM 1500 max towing capacity earns it a well-deserved Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity designation. Curious to find out more about the RAM 1500 towing capacity with Sacramento Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram? Let’s delve into how you can get this top towing capacity right now!
2020 RAM 1500 Performance & Capability
Your choice of engine options in the new 2020 RAM 1500 lineup is nothing short of amazing. Plus, each engine choice is mated to a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. Curious to learn more about your RAM 1500 engine options? Here they are:
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine —This efficient engine produces up to 260 hp and 480 lb-ft of torque. It tows a maximum of 12,560 pounds — the highest diesel tow rating in the class.
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I — This standard engine option makes 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque — more than the Chevy Silverado 1500. Towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine — Choose this eight-cylinder, and you’ll enjoy performance of up to 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque. You’ll also be able to tow a maximum of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine — Producing the same horsepower and torque as the non eTorque V8 above, this engine boasts the highest available towing rating of 12,750 pounds.
Wondering what the RAM 1500 payload specs are? Payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds, depending on the RAM 1500 trim you choose. Learn more about the RAM 1500 curb weight, payload, and towing specs by contacting us today here at Sacramento Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Sacramento.
2020 RAM 1500 Features That Enhance Towing Capacity
You know what they say — with great power comes great features. That’s why the RAM 1500 light-duty pickup provides some of the best features in its class! Whether you want to use your RAM to commute through Roseville or tow a trailer around Folsom, you can. What’s more, you’ll feel safer and more comfortable, thanks to:
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available active safety system watches your blind spots for you, while automatically accounting for trailer length and alerting you when it’s unsafe to change lanes.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The RAM 1500 boasts 14.9-inch brakes for unparalleled stopping power on Elk Grove and Rocklin streets.
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This RAM transmission works alongside the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the RAM 1500 earn up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway when properly equipped.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: Available as an option, this unique 60/40 split gate gives you more flexibility to access the bed while also being able to handle demanding loads.
Explore the Capable RAM 1500 in Sacramento
If you’re ready to know all there is to know about the new 2020 RAM 1500 aside from towing capacity specs, we’re happy to provide you additional information! From its interior features and technologies to its pricing and trim information, there’s a lot to learn. Contact us today with questions, or to apply for financing. Then, browse our new RAM 1500 inventory to find the perfect pickup for your needs!
More from Sacramento Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
The 2021 Jeep Compass knows how to make an impress on and off the roads in Sacramento and beyond. However, what’s on the inside also counts, and this Jeep SUV’s interior offers lots of interior amenities and standard features, ensuring you get the most out of every drive. Thanks to the spacious Jeep Compass…
Sacramento drivers have asked for a 3rd row Jeep SUV with the Jeep Grand Cherokee, and Jeep delivered! The 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L offers third-row seating, which is excellent for families who need additional space without having to upgrade to the Jeep Wagoneer. With the new Jeep Grand Cherokee L seating capacity, you…
If you’re shopping around for a vehicle that helps you take on the road less traveled, consider the colorful 2021 Jeep Gladiator for your extraordinary adventures. While learning about this adventurous vehicle, you’ll be happy to know that the 2021 Jeep Gladiator color options vary from neutral shades to bold hues, so you can…